Jan 4, 2016

2015 Year-End Festivals - Favorite Performances

It's my favorite time of the year; the annual year-end festivals! This time I even managed to catch two of them live (KBS' and MBC's) which never has happened before, and I was quite happy with the former and even more ecstatic about the latter. I never got the chance to watch SBS' on the 27th, but from what I've heard it was horrible so I'm not planning on either. Therefore there won't be as many performances included from that festival here, but even more from the two better festivals. MBC had the best one by far (and theirs have been my favorite for three consecutive years now), both in terms of staging, camera work as well as a good blend of special stages, regular stages and pre-recordings. Although it was long it managed to keep my interest up!


SNSD - Genie (MBC Gayo Daejejun)


Jazz, uniforms and legs. That's all I have to say. Also, Seohyun and Yoona looked great.


IU & Oh Hyuk - Gondry + Shower (SBS Gayo Daejun)


Amazing songs. Amazing voices that go beautifully together. This combo is truly something.


B.A.P - Warrior + Young, Wild & Free (MBC Gayo Daejejun)


God have I missed them performing "Warrior", and the violin addition is awesome.


Infinite - Bad (KBS Gayo Daechukje)


Infinite killed this stage with their energy and presence, and this rock remix is perfect.
 

BTS - Perfect Man (MBC Gayo Daejejun)


This cover performance killed me, brought me back to life and killed me again.


Wonder Girls - So Hot + I Feel You (MBC Gayo Daejejun)


Wonder Girls' rock out to both old and new hit songs and are figuratively on fire.


Red Velvet - Ice Cream Cake (MBC Gayo Daejejun)


Not going to lie, I included this almost only because of the glowy fur coats. I love them.


Mamamoo - Um Oh Ah Yeah + Single Ladies (MBC Gayo Daejejun)


Of course Mamamoo would mix in Beyoncés fierce girl power anthem, and they nail it.


VIXX - Chained Up (KBS Gayo Daechukje)



Ravi might not be shirtless here but this rock remix is awesome and I can't take my eyes off their pants.


4Minute - Crazy (MBC Gayo Daejejun)




4Minute slayed this year and I never seem to grow tired of this song and performance.


Yerin, Yuju, Irene & Seulgi - I Don't Know Love (KBS Gayo Daechukje)

White, puffy dresses, Yuju's vocals and GFriend and Red Velvet on the same stage? Mind blown.


IU - Twenty-Three (SBS Gayo Daejun)


This song remains amazing and IU's stage presence and confidence remains untouchable.


Solji, Choa & Solar - I'll Give You All My Love (KBS Gayo Daechukje)


The new generation of power vocalists team up for a killer performance.


SHINee - Odd Eye + View (KBS Gayo Daechukje)


Their MBC performance might have had better fanchants but this one has "Odd Eye" (and a huge LED-screen)


BTS - Butterfly + Dope + Run (KBS Gayo Daechukje)


Jimin's solo dance to "Butterfly"? A jazz version of "Dope"? My heart can't handle these boys anymore.




No comments:

Post a Comment