Mar 30, 2015

Twins Or Not Twins? That's The Question

When I first got into K-pop, I couldn't tell anyone apart. Asians all look the same, right? Actually they don't look alike at all but for someone with little exposure to East Asia I honestly thought everyone looked very similar. Nowadays I can separate people almost instantly, but back in the day there were always those members of a group that I literally couldn't tell apart.

The examples below may seem ridiculous now, but at the time they were perfectly justified. I guess it shows how much I've grown used to these kind of features as well.

PART 1 - The Reasonable 

SNSD's Yuri and Yoona


Well, they are part of the infamous SNSD triplets (along with Seohyun), so I guess this isn't the strangest one.

Kara's Gyuri and former member Jiyoung


There's something about they way that they both don't look entirely Korean, if you know what I mean, that makes them similar. So far not too weird.


Infinite's L and Woohyun


They both had dark hair and similar haircuts when I got into Infinite, so don't look at me like that for comparing these two!

Secret's Sunhwa and Jieun


Big eyes, similar hairstyles, fair skin..., I mean the similarities just go on and on.

Block B's Jaehyo and B-Bomb


Anyone who says these two don't look alike is simply lying to themselves. To this day I still see some resemblance of one in the other.

B1A4's Jinyoung and Gongchan


They're both pretty boys so of course I would get them mixed up!

A Pink's Bomi and Chorong


Back when Chorong still had her chubby cheeks they could totally pass as sisters, or cousins, or distant relatives.

PART 2 - The Unreasonable

4Minute's Sohyun and Jihyun


These two look absolutely nothing alike whatsoever. I'm still confused as to how I used to think they looked similar.

SHINee's Taemin and Key


Again, no idea how I could get them mixed up. Key and Taemin literally look like they come from two separate universes.

BTS' J-Hope and Suga


Sure, they're both totally adorable but in completely different ways. The only similarity they actually had at their debut was the black hair color. Nothing else.

Got7's JB and Jr


One of them oozes masculinity and the other takes the prettiest pictures ever. Doesn't sound too similar, does it?

f(x)'s Luna and Sulli


Apart from the fact that they're both gorgeous, Luna and Sulli really don't share any facial features.

SNSD's Tiffany and former member Jessica


Again, how could I even think in the slightest bit that these two looked alike? I don't get it.

So now the question is: who did you think looked alike at first sight?

No comments:

Post a Comment