Sep 19, 2014

Rate the Look - BTS' "Danger"





Jin
Bangtan Boys - Dark & WildBangtan Boys - Dark & Wild

Oldest member Jin has really been on the downfall lately, don't you think? I don't know why they keep giving him these awkward hairstyles that he can't really pull off in the first place, because he certainly doesn't need any more factors to add on to his awkwardness. With this strange styling and 7-3 parting, he looks even more out of place with the rest of the members.

Score: 5/10

Suga
Bangtan Boys - Dark & WildBangtan Boys - Dark & Wild

I'm also highly skeptical of Suga's haircut, not because of the color but the actual cut. I think his bangs are cut way too short, and it really comes off looking kind of bad. He's the kind of guy that desperately needs a flattering hair cut to grab attention, and this just isn't it. I've seen some pictures with his hair styled away from his face, which is way better, but that's not how he's spent the majority of promotions.

Score: 6/10

J-Hope
Bangtan Boys - Dark & WildBangtan Boys - Dark & Wild

I have such a weak spot for this handsome young man, and I truly care for his well being, but this really isn't working much for me either. I think it's the, once again, strange choice of parting that throws me off, and I think it's settled that it doesn't really work well for this group. He looks better than the other two, though.

Score: 7/10

Rap Monster
Bangtan Boys - Dark & WildBangtan Boys - Dark & Wild

Will I ever get over his name? Most likely not. Still, he's one of my favorite members and does not look terrible for this comeback even though I'm growing tired of his bleached hair. I really liked it at first, but I think he's looking more and more washed out as time goes by. Handsome? Yes, but I would like to see something new next time around.

Score: 7/10

Jimin
Bangtan Boys - Dark & WildBangtan Boys - Dark & Wild

One of my absolute favorite terms nowadays is "Jimin, STOP", which is usable practically at any time of the day. I have a hard time grasping his age, because he looks so much younger and I have to keep reminding myself that I'm younger than him. Seriously, this child's sexiness is really frustrating and those arms are really distracting, and on top of that he's about the cutest little thing ever. I can only sigh as I try to deal with my bursting feelings.

Score: 9/10

V


YES! This is the moment I have waited for, an era where V finally looks good! Despite being pretty much everyone else's bias, he has never managed to win me over entirely. I can't say he's done so now either, but now I can at least begin to understand why he's considered attractive. The bowl cut isn't a favorite of mine, but the color is amazing.

Score: 8/10

Jungkook


If there's one other member in the group that I have to yell "STOP" at, it's Jungkook. Now he is indeed a year younger than me, and with him I actually have a reason to feel emotionally (and sexually) frustrated. No, I'm not creepy because I'm only a year older than him so you can stop judging me, thank you very much. Not a lot needs to be said about this, apart from stating the obvious: he looks really hot.

Score: 9/10

Overall


I'm not crazy about this comeback, as I've discussed more here, and I'm not crazy about the styling either. I think the clothes are fine and while some of the have questionable hairstyles, none of them look plain awful, but there's nothing special about it. The concept is familiar and well-explored, so there's really nothing for me to react to. It's a safe, secure direction for this group, but that also makes it a tad disappointing.

Overall Score: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment