Aug 6, 2014

Midyear Check-Up - Top 5 Songs



I wasn't sure whether I was going to do one of these or not, but then I though why not! It's my blog and I decide what I want to do with it. Below I will present my favorite videos, songs and albums (both full and mini versions) that have come out since January up until June. It's already August now (Jesus Christ the time flies, doesn't it?), so I am a bit late but whatever. It's not the end of the world.



Top 5 Favorite Songs



Without a doubt, this track of off of TVXQ's latest album released way back in January is one of my most played ones so far. The amount of times I have played this song are uncountable. I love all the parts that make up this gorgeous tune: the strings, the heavy beat, the piano line and the lovely harmonies sung by Changmin and Yunho. 


With this song, I loved it as soon as I heard the first chorus. This doesn't happen with a lot of songs, but for some reason it seems to happen more than average with CNBlue, but they do have a huge collection of awesome songs so I'm not surprised they're on this list. The sheer emotional power and rawness of this tragic love song really just gets to me, and Yonghwa's vocals are as conveying as ever.



I'm about to do a review on Ha:tfelt's new mini album really soon and I'm already loving it, so it's not too much of a shock that she's the brain behind this masterpiece taken from Sunmi's first mini album. It falls just behind the song above on my "most played"-list on iTunes, and although it might not be the genre of music I typically prefer, it really stuck with me right from when I first heard it. Sunmi's clear vocals, the heartfelt lyrics and mature arrangement are just right.



BTS have really made a name for themselves of having brilliant lyrics; or at least they have on this blog. This song is no exception at all, as it features some of the most relatable lyrics I've seen in a K-pop song yet. As a hard-working student with no real future plan this really speaks to me, because it's sometimes hard to find strength and motivation when you don't know what you're fighting for. Member Suga had a big hand in putting together this track, and I applaud him for doing such a wonderful job with it.


Yes, the video is amazing too, but the song is what really moves me. AKMU are amazingly talented, and big brother Chanhyuk have already proven himself to be a promising songwriter and producer as he was one in charge of everything on their debut album. I absolutely love the harmonies on this track, as well as the hauntingly beautiful melody and orchestra arrangement. It's a real heart-breaker this one, but in the most stunning way imaginable.

There you have it, my 5 favorite songs from the first half of 2014! What are the songs that have stuck with you the most?