Jan 5, 2014

Best Of Kpop 2013 - Songs


I have to admit it was really hard to select my top 10 favorite songs of 2013. There are just so many good songs! Therefore I am starting with some honorable mentions that did not make the cut, but were still frequently played throughout the year.

Lee Hyori (w. Park Jiyong of Honey-G) - Amor Mio
Block B - Be The Light
BESTie - Love Options
G-Dragon - Crooked
CNBLUE - Coffee Shop
Mblaq - Smoky Girl

Now, moving on to the real deal.





#10. f(x) - Airplane 


How I wish this song could've been promoted even more, but I'm happy they sung it live a few times at least. It's just a fun and energetic song that can be easily sung along to (which I am very guilty of doing).

#9. Vixx - Light Up The Darkness

Hands down my favorite on the Jekyll/Hyde mini album, the dark vibe and rather mellow sound is totally my style. I don't like the way Ravi raps but otherwise it's very catchy and I adore Ken's voice.

#8. Ailee - Rainy Day


I only discovered this song only a couple months back, but am I happy that I did. I just love this song through and through, and Ailee sounds fantastic as always. I just wish it could've been sung in a lower tone, because it sounds exhausting to hit all those high notes.

#7. Lim Kim - Without Knowing It All

Lim Kim's voice is just so relaxing to listen to, and this song is basically perfect. It's features acoustic instruments at a slower tempo which makes it very comforting.

#6. T-ara - Number 9



This is such a good song! I'm happy it got some recognition, especially after all the scandals, and it proves why T-ara is still one of the best girl groups music wise. The hook is catchy, the melody is addictive and the girls sound on point!

#5. EXO - My Lady


I was jamming like crazy to this song all summer, and still do everytime I hear it. The vocals are terrific, the tempo is just right and there is this sexy suave feeling to it.

#4. After School - Dressing Room



This song was on repeat for forever I kid you not! Why was First Love the title track and not this one? I will never understand. This has a heavy beat and some amazing guitars that come in at the end and takes it even higher,

#3. SHINee - Symptoms

By far the best SHINee song in a long while. It's just so sexy and emotional and brings out the best of their voices. Onew and Jonghyun are such fantastic vocalists.

#2. Kim Jaejoong - Rotten Love


Currently the most played song on my iTunes, just barely missing out on first place, is this wonderful song composed by Jaejoong himself. I loved it upon first listen and it has been playing ever since. Jaejoong gets to show off his wide, gorgeous range and while the song is very simple it doesn't need anything else to make it more impactful. Kudos to you, Jaejoong.

#1. Nell - Haven


It's ironic how frontman Kim Jongwan sings "Don't Cry Over Me", because that is exactly what I'm doing while listening to this song. I don't know if this counts as kpop or not because while being a rock band they are signed to the same label as INFINITE and are pretty mainstream, but it doesn't matter. This song just hits me so hard, it reaches a place deep inside not often found and makes me feel something. Thank you, Nell, for writing this beautiful piece to remind me that music has the power of making you feel real emotions, whether it be happiness or sadness.


So, there you have it, my top 10 songs of 2013. We've been on a wonderful journey together and if not already familiar with these songs, I hope you discovered something new you found worth listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment