Jan 27, 2014

Best Of Kpop 2013 - The Hair Edition


Oh, kpop. I don't know how you keep finding new ways to make your idols' hair look stranger and crazier as time goes by. Just when you think you've seen it all, something new comes along and you find yourself sitting with your jaw all the way down on the floor.
However, there are also those people who just look good in just about anything, and that itself is a victory. In this post, I'm going to name some of my favorite hairstyles of the year, but also some of the worst.



The Bad


Sunny, I like you, I really do, but that haircut was just all kinds of wrong. What happened to the beautiful blonde The Boys hair? That was really pretty, but this was just cringe-worthy. Your stylists should have known better. 



What was this even? The hair was way too long and that hat is hideous. Like, I wanted to burn it with my own bare hands. Such a shame on such a pretty boy.


Cruella de Vil anyone? Really GD? Just no. Stop it.


Never again, SM, never again. Talk about ruining a perfectly handsome guy. Sometimes I wonder if they seriously think it looks good or if they're just doing it to make me mad.


Why on earth did you ditch the mohawk? It looked perfectly fine, I promise! And here you come with this? Not satisfied.

T-ARA

Anyone who can enlighten me on the thought process behind this hairstyle? Because I don't understand at all.


The Good

Now this is the hair Taemin needs to be sporting at all times. He has longer hair now and it does him no favors at all. This haircut is slightly shorter on the sides and longer at the top, which helps elongate his somewhat rounder face, making it more masculine and less baby faced. The color is also really nice.


We have one redheaded beauty in Sojin, who kept and held my attention for the entire promotion period of Expectation. She is just so pretty, and that hair made her pop like nothing else. She definitely looked the best out of the group at the time and still does, in my opinion.


See. GD can look good too! He is actually a very beautiful man but often chooses to hide it under horrible hairstyles in unflattering colors. For his Crooked promotions, he had bleach blonde hair reminiscent of his Heartbreaker days, and it looked gorgeous.

Yes I am very biased towards this lovely lady, but her blonde hair is just unbeatable, don't you think? At least I haven't seen anyone work the golden locks as well as she does. Sure, she has black hair now and it looks great, but I will always hold this style closer to my heart.

I always found Luna really unappreciated; I mean she can dance, sing, has a great personality and is stunning, but still gets the least amount of love. When I saw the video for Rum Pum PumPum my eyes where instantly glued to her, because goodness did she look amazing. The long black hair together with her tan skin was a match made in heaven. 


I always found Jiyeon's looks overrated in all honesty, I knew she was considered pretty but could not really see it myself. With this magical comeback however, I understood immediately. The length, color and voluminous styling really made me realize just how beautiful she truly is. 


I wanted Jonghyun to go back to blonde ever since Ring Ding Dong, and I think i literally squealed when I saw that he had dyed his hair bleach blonde just in time for the last promotion week of Why So Serious?. He just looks so good in it, like it was made for him, and even though I feel bad for his scalp I don't ever want him to change it. 


SO, sorry for the long post, but there was a lot to be discussed. Overall, I think 2013 was a good year for hair in kpop, with a few exceptions, of course. My vote for best hairstyle goes to the sexy man mentioned just above, but maybe that's just because I'm biased. Who do you think had the best hair? 

No comments:

Post a Comment